Graduate students can check out a variety of equipment from the Grad Lab's Equipment Checkout including: video cameras, tripods, multimedia projectors, light kits, still cameras, cables, adaptors, computers and audio equipment. All checkouts require advanced reservations made via Webcheckouts online equipment reservation platform. To checkout equipment you must be a MICA graduate student, have MICARD ID with current semester sticker and have filled out and returned a Terms and Conditions Form. Please see our Hours Page for information on the checkout systems hours of operation. Patrons must fill out, sign and return a Terms and Conditions form before checking out equipment. If you have questions you may direct them to our web contact form.
Checkout Terms and Conditions
· A valid MICA Graduate ID card with a current semester sticker is mandatory to check out equipment.
· Students must fill out and sign and return a Terms and Conditions form before checking out equipment.
· Equipment must be returned at least 30 minutes prior to the time and due date listed.
· Some equipment may require special training or permission to check out.
Late fees and damaged or lost equipment
· There is a $5.00 per an hour per item fine for late equipment.
· Resulting in a $15.00 per an item maximum daily fine.
· Fines accrue 24/7/365 regardless of MICA/Grad Lab operating hours/closures.
· You are financially responsible for equipment you have checked out.
· If an item is stolen, lost, destroyed, damaged or 10 days overdue while checked out to you, you are financially responsible for the equipment as outlined in the Student Replacement Policy.
· Until fees are paid, you may not checkout any additional equipment. All fees must be paid in full by semester end.
· Fines may take up to 24 hours to be removed from your account so plan ahead.
· Reservations must be made online at https://checkout.mica.edu/patron#!/
· Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the pickup date.
· Reservations cannot be made over the phone.
· Online you may choose the date and time to pick up a reservation.
· Reservations expire one hour after your chosen reservation time.
· Once a reservation expires items in it are available for others to check out.
Students are encouraged to inspect and test all equipment before leaving the Lab to ensure items are complete and in working order. Once you leave the Grad Lab with equipment you are responsible for any loss, damage or missing parts. While our techs do everything possible to ensure that our equipment is complete and in working order it never hurts to double check yourself.
Student Replacement Policy for Lost, Stolen or Damaged Equipment.
1. Students are responsible to cover the full replacement value of equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged that costs $200.00 or less.
2. In addition to the first $200.00 of loss, students are responsible to cover 10% of the value from $201.00 up to $25,000. The maximum a student will be charged is $2,500.00.This responsibility is per occurrence.
3. Students are required to contact the department or check out center when equipment is stolen. Students must get a Police report if the occurrence took place off campus or contact Campus Safety for occurrences that occur on campus.
4. Equipment not returned after 10 business days from the due date will be considered lost. Students are responsible for the replacement value based on our policy.
5. Payment must be received by semester end and access to the Grad Lab checkout will be suspended until payment is received in full.
6. This Policy is per occurrence for lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
Inclement Weather Policy.
All checkouts that are due when MICA has closed campus due to inclement weather will be renewed for 24 hours. If MICA is closed for more then one day in a row this process will repeat until MICA reopens.
All reservations that were scheduled for a day that the MICA campus is closed or that conflict with the extension of an existing checkout will be cancelled.
Grad Lab Operating Temperature Policy
For the safety and well-being of students, faculty and staff, as well as the proper operation of Grad Lab equipment, the Grad Lab will close if/when the temperature in the Lab exceeds our Normal Operating Temperature.
Based on generally accepted norms for an indoor work environment and equipment specifications, the Grad Lab’s Normal Operating Temperature is defined as being between 60 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
If/when the temperature in any part of the Lab falls outside of this range the Lab will close, meaning, that all students, faculty and staff will be cleared from the Lab and all Lab equipment will be turned off. Equipment Checkouts and Reservations will follow the Grad Lab’s Inclement Weather Policy.
Once the temperature in all parts of the Lab has been stabilized and remains within the Grad Lab’s Normal Operating Temperature for a minimum of one hour, Grad Lab staff will begin bringing equipment back online.
The Lab will reopen to students and faculty once all equipment and resources have been brought back online and their proper operation has been verified.
The Grad Lab, Equipment Checkout, Computer Lab and Print Lab resources are available for students enrolled in a graduate program at MICA. An active MICA Graduate ID card is required to enter the Grad Lab, to check out equipment or to use computer and printing resources.