Grad Lab In-Person Resource Rooms FAQ
In an effort to provide support for alternate means of student production, If/when the MICA campus is in Operational Modes 3 or 4, the Grad Lab will provide In-Person services for MICA Graduate Students during the Spring 2021 semester. The following FAQ is designed to help students navigate the In-Person checkout and use process for resource rooms.
Can I use the Grad Lab’s Resource Rooms?
What Resource Rooms available for checkout?
What are the Grad Lab’s operating hours?
Check the Grad Lab website for operating hours https://graduate.mica.edu/newlab/Hours
How do I request access to a Resource Room?
Just like always, use Webcheckout to make a reservation request. All reservation requests must be made at least 1 week in advance of the reservations requested pickup time.
Can I get access to a Resource Room without a reservation?
No. All Grad Lab services are on appointment-basis only.
Can I get questions about Resource Rooms answered?
Absolutely just use the form on our website (https://graduate.mica.edu/newlab/contact) to request a consultative appointment. Consultation services are available via phone, email or Zoom.
How will I know my reservation request has been approved?
All reservation requests will need to be approved. Once approved you will receive email confirmation.
How do I get the Resource Room key when it is time for me to use it?
Once your reservation request has been approved and your reservation time is set in Webcheckout, just come to the Grad Lab L540A Lazarus Center 131 W North Ave. Once you arrive you will find your Resource Room Key on our “Equipment Pickup” table.
How long do I have to get the key when I’m picking up?
Pickups are scheduled every 15min so make sure you arrive promptly at the time specified on your reservation.
How do I know when my Resource Room is due?
Just check your Webcheckout account. It will have a list of all your activity including current checkouts and when they are due.
How do I drop off a Resource Room Key?
When you are finished just come to the Grad Lab L540A Lazarus Center 131 W North Ave at least 30min before the return time specified on your reservation. Once you arrive just place the key on our “Return” table.
Are there still late fines for Resource Rooms?
Yes. Make sure you return your key at least 30min before it is due to ensure that it is returned on time and you do not accrue late fines.
Can I still make back to back reservations?
Yes. Because disinfecting in all Resource Rooms will be “Gym” style there is no 24 hour hold for disinfecting. However, this also means that you should factor in time to disinfecting the space before and after use with the provided wipes.
Grad Lab In-Person Resource Rooms Policies and Procedures
- To access Grad Lab Resource Rooms, you must attend Grad Lab COVID Orientation and have signed and returned a Terms and Conditions Form (available here: http://graduate.mica.edu/newlab/Checkout)
- As noted on our Website, some Resource Rooms require additional orientations to gain access: https://graduate.mica.edu/newlab/Resources
- Reservation requests must be made at least one week in advance of pickup date.
- All requested pickup and drop off times must fall within the Lab’s In-Person operation hours listed on our website here: https://graduate.mica.edu/newlab/Hours.
- Once a reservation request is made on the Grad Lab’s Webcheckout portal, Grad Lab staff will approve your reservation request and or reach out to you to discuss your request as needed.
- Once your reservation is approved come to the Grad Lab L540A Lazarus Center (131 W North Ave.) at the time/date specified on your Webcheckout reservation and retrieve your items from our “Equipment Pickup” table.
- Pickups and drop-offs are scheduled in 15min intervals so make sure you are on time.
- All equipment hand offs are contactless so please give us space and follow directions when dropping or receiving equipment.
- Once you get access to a Resource Room you are encouraged to inspect it before use.
- Cleaning Resource Rooms between use is your responsibility. Please implement “Gym” rules and use the provided disinfecting wipes to clean all work spaces before and after use.
- Occupancy in Resource Rooms is limited. Posted occupancy limits must be strictly adhered to at all times.
- When your return time approaches come to the Grad Lab L540A Lazarus Center (131 W North Ave.) at least 30min in advance of the time/date specified on your checkout. Once you have arrived just drop the key on the “Return” Table.
- To avoid late fees return your key at least 30min before it is due.
- A Grad Lab Tech will reach out to you if anything is found to be wrong with a Resource Room once it is returned.
- The Grad Lab will continue to fine for late items as outlined in the Terms and Conditions Form (available here: http://graduate.mica.edu/newlab/Checkout) so make sure you are returning items on time.
- As always the Grad Lab will hold patrons responsible for lost, damaged and or incomplete items as per the Student Replacement Policy (listed on Terms and Conditions Form available here: http://graduate.mica.edu/newlab/Checkout) so make sure kits are complete and check your equipment thoroughly before returning it to the Lab.
- All other Policies/Procedures/Expectations for On-Campus and In-Person conduct as laid out by MICA and/or included in MICA’s Social Contract must be strictly adhered to at all times while in Grad Lab spaces.